Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MX - All it Takes is All You've Got


I got to witness my first WORCS race last weekend and I have to say, my eyes were opened...wide.  WORCS is Motocross's Western Off Road Championship Series.  It is a combination of racing on a motocross track and then a huge loupe through the desert, through thick sand, over rocks, through the river bottoms, and unbelievable long stretches of bumps that beat you to death.  Each loupe was about six miles long and the racers had to get in as many laps as they could in one hour, most covering 30 to 40 miles of rough landscape and a very technical motocross track. 

I can't even explain how conditioned these riders have to be to even show up to this race.  My son Carson, and his two cousins Jim Maxfield and Logan Terry were all brave enough to give it a go.  Jim, number 301, racing in the 30+ Pro-A class had a terrific finish of 4th place.  Carson and Logan, who completed in the 15-29 C group finished 13th and 7th.  Now, just finishing this race is quite an accomplishment and a true test of endurance.  There were bikes and riders all along the trail that were casualties to the heat, fatigue, and dust choked, overheated engines. 


I have a new admiration for these racers and respect their determination and talent.  Way to go guys...you  are truly unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment